Assamese Small Fish Recipe
In the local Assamese language, this dish is called ‘Bilahi aru Masor Tenga’. Especially it is a fish Tenga curry, which is highly cooked in goan areas of Assam state.
So first of all what are chief ingredients, you will be needed? [Don’t worry you don’t need to spend too much money]
Just arrange some……..
- Singara Maas – Based on the number of eaters [Raw Fish]
- Tomato – 2 to 3 pieces
- Onion – 1 large size [Cut into 4 pieces and then remove the layers]
- Coriander Leaves – For design and better smell.
- Garlic and Ginger
- Mustard oil
- Turmeric Powder
- Green Pepper
1st Level – Assamese Small Fish Recipe
1. As I have shown you in the picture, first you need to fry the Singara fishes into deep Mustard oil.
But friend, remember one thing – Before you have done this you need to marinate the fishes with a little bit turmeric powder and some salt [ok].
2. Now Fry it for 5 to 10 minutes that it completely becomes cooked internally as well as externally.
3. Chopped the red tomatoes into small pieces for melting easily with other ingredients.
4. Make a soft smooth paste by mixing garlic, ginger and green pepper.
5. Keep ready the coriander leaves for better design and better smell.
This is all you have to do in the very first level. Next to be ready for cooking an awesome dish.
How to Cook? – The Final Level
1. First, put a saucepan on the stove and then a little oil in it.
2. Leave it to be hot for 4 to 5 minutes.
3. After the oil gets hot, in the 3rd step put the onions and garlic, ginger, pepper paste in it and then fry it until it becomes brownie.
4. In the fourth step, add the chopped tomatoes and keep cooking until it marinates completely with other ingredients.
5. Now add some salt and turmeric powder [Based on your taste].
6. In the sixth step put the Singara fishes with it and marinate it with tomatoes completely.
7. Now add some boiling water [1.5 to 2 cups] and keep cooking it till it comes into a gravy mode. It usually takes 5 to 10 minutes.
8. When water about to dry up, put off the pan from the stove and leave it to come in room temperature.
9. In the ninth step, your dish is ready and now, design it coriander leaves and serve with rice.
So, this is the process of cooking Assamese small fish recipe. I hope, you liked it and will try very soon.
If you have any question related to it then please make a comment below, I will definitely answer it.
Thank you so much for reading and giving your precious time.