Assamese Fish Curry Recipe
Is this your question?
Here, I will help you to prepare a beautiful and sweet fish curry recipe for your family or your guests.
- Fish – ½ KG (Local or Salani)
- Tomato – 3 Pieces
- Potato – 2 Pieces
- Jaggery (Many people don’t know but using a little Jaggery can make fish curry more tastier)
- Ginger and Garlic
- Onion – 1 Large size
- Green Pepper (You can avoid this ingredient if there are kids)
- Turmeric Powder
- Coriander Leaves
- Mustard oil
Before The Cooking – What to do?
- Fry the fishes into deep mustard oil.
- Chopped the potatoes into large sizes and boil them. After Boiling completed fry it for 3 to 4 minutes in deep mustard oil.
- Cut the tomatoes into small sizes that it melts easily with other ingredients.
- Prepare a soft paste by mixing garlic, ginger and green pepper.
- Chopped onion into small sizes.
- Keep ready the coriander leaves to design your recipe.
Assamese Fish Curry Recipe – The Cooking Process
- at very first roast the mustard oil in a saucepan – 3 to 4 minutes.
- 2nd put the chopped onions and a little bit Jaggery in it and fry – till onions become Browne. (Usually takes 4 to 5 minutes)
- Add the paste of garlic, ginger and green pepper to it.
- In the 4th step add the tomatoes and keep it cooking until it melts completely. [Ok]
- After tomatoes melt with other ingredients, put the fried fish, boiled and fried potatoes to it – 4 to 5 minutes.
- Now add two to three cups of boil water and cook again for 5 to 10 minutes continuously.
- In the 7th step your dish is ready; design it with coriander leaves for better smell and beauty.
- Serve it to your audience.
In Assam, the fish curry recipe is very common among families. I also love it so much. Today my mother cooked it. So I thought to share with you.
Try it once and let me know how it tastes.
Thank you so much.