What is TET Assam?
TET Assam is a teacher eligibility test or an examination. It organized for appointing eligible candidates as teachers for the states education system.
Actually, this entrance test is very important to choose real eligible candidates for government schools teaching job.
Therefore it is mandatory in India. And for all the dreamers who have a desire to become a successful teacher in his/her life.
When TET exam did very first organize in Assam?
TET was very first organized on 10th January 2012. The exam conducted in 561 centers across the whole state. In that test there were 3, 56,914 candidates appeared and competed against 21,000 posts.
TET exam’s contribution to Assam’s education system.
Education is a lifelong process, it never ends. Though we taught or not. But we do learn each and every time from nature. This is the real character of education.
But above all, it is also true that mentors or teachers always play a very significant role in our learning process. Without mentors, it is really very tough to full-fill a learner learning purposes.
Assam is a state of India. Here once it was very difficult to provide equal quality education at primary and secondary level. Teachers less quantity was the main cause of it.
In 2011 Assam’s education minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sharma declared to organize an exam. The exam would appoint 21,000 teachers for the states primary and secondary schools and that particular exam was TET.
Do you want to know about TET Assam and its contribution to the state’s education system?
If you do……….
Then today in this post, I will explain to you how this revolutionary exam has been impacting Assam’s education system since 2012.
1. Eligible Candidate: – TET is better than other ways to appoint a massive number of eligible candidates for the teaching job. Because it passes via a hard entrance test. However, the appointed number is huge. But intellect thought that appointed candidates are really eligible for that particular job.
2. Full-filling The Needs in Schools: – Before 2012 there were very fewer numbers of teachers in Assam’s primary and secondary schools. This was not enough. In that case, students suffered and left away unwillingly from getting teachers teaching. After the TET, the needs of teachers filled in schools. Nowaday’s students have less problem of teacher’s absence.
3. Modern Teachers: – Newly appointed teachers are quite experienced with modern ideas and techniques. They have new thoughts and experimental ideas. Because of this reason, they will be able to provide more modern education to students rather than old teachers. So, this is also a good contribution of TET.
4. Competition Against Privatization: – 21st century is the age of Globalization. Here everything has become a part of the market. Even, education is not too far away. Once in Assam private school, colleges were killing the public institutions in competition.
Even people thought, this was the ending stage of the public education system. At that time TET has declared in the state. And today Assam’s education system is not uni-polarized but bi-polarized. And competition still remaining between private and govt education institutions.
5. Education For All: – Public education is completely based on “EDUCATION FOR ALL” method. If private sector kills the public institutions in competition then what poor parents would do for their children’s education.
Because they have no money to send their children to a school or colleges with a high monthly fee. TET teacher’s appointment gaining a new hope for the actual implementation of the famous quotes “Education For All”.
Education is everyone’s birthright. It does not matter a person rich or poor. We can compare it with our breath. without it, we can’t signify a person as a complete human.
I hope you liked our post. Now if you have a query, suggestion on the article then please let me know by commenting below.