Major Problems of Assam Agriculture
In this post, we will learn some major problems of Assam agriculture. Why instead of a lot of potentialities this north-eastern state has not been growing yet?
But before we start I would like to introduce you to the contemporary scenario of its Agricultural field…………
Assam is a state of Farming. Here, seven out of ten people live their life through this occupation.
When a society becomes dependent on a system then it becomes very significant to keep that system always running smoothly.
In this state, 70% of the people still consider agriculture as their basic occupation. But for many reasons, the way in which the occupation should be developed has not become possible until today.
Do you want to know why?
So, here are the 5 main reasons that I explained below………
Problems of Assam Agriculture – 5 Major
1. Blind Beliefs: – A society always circulates by the thinking of the people, who live in it. Assamese people have a lot of blindness in their mind on agriculture. Because of this, these people consider many hurdles.
Thinking about supernatural power most people of the state does not want to go for agro-field (During time like Ambubasi). They thought their god will angry if they try to do some activity during that time.
This is not good for a society that relies on agriculture. Because it costs time and time costs money. I am not against these all festivals but agriculture is on the different side.
Time is changing rapidly and the world too. Therefore, now they also need to be changed. Blind believes can never make anything good in a society.
2. Out-dated Techniques: – The farming system of Asomia society is really too vast. And here farmers are also very hard working. But the problem is they are systematically very weak. Here modern tools and equipment are used but very less in number.
Even in many places of the state still, are using animal and human laboring. which gives the result as less production of paddies. Because of poverty among farmers, they are unable to buy heavy modern machines for use in their paddy fields.
Here the rule of government is now very necessary. The government of Assam has been taking fewer rules since from a very long time to provide necessary help to the farmers the state. Such as irrigational help, agro-based loan, modern agro machines etc.
3. Seasonal Agriculture: – Assam’s agriculture depends on the weather. No full-time farming is done here. If we talk about other agriculture of states like Punjab, Maharashtra, and Haryana. They gain here different types of paddies in the whole year.
Now, I ask you, Is the climate of these places is better than Assam?
No, it is not but worst than this north-eastern state. The real reason is monophasic of their government and ordinary people.
Due to not being rains all year, these states use artificial water in their paddy fields. Their agriculture is going to be completely modern today, where their government and ordinary people have fully contributed to each other.
I think Assam needs to get an education from these things.
4. Corruption: – Corruption is one of the primary characters of Assam’s administrative system.
A society can never go ahead, where the amount of mischief is very high. The state’s agricultural sector has been testing the worst impact of corruption from a very long time.
Due to this, whatever benefits come from the government for the poor farmers, they cannot get it.
It is only written in the papers that the state is going forward in agriculture but in actually these all do not have anything more than a play.
5. Lack of New Innovation: – Assam’s agricultural system is very old. Therefore no new inventions have been made to this day. We can look at the human history that a method remains tucked into the society until it is able to fulfill the implementation of that society.
As time passes, its work is also finished. Regardless of the area, new inventions are necessary everywhere.
There has been no new invention till date in the agricultural field of Assam. And at the same time, the state is not able to grow even further with time. So now the state has to work more on new inventions.
I hope you liked our post on ‘the problems of Assam agriculture’.
Now it’s time for you to let me know, what you do think about this issue.
Please comment below.