The Bhupen Hazarika Setu: All Information
This new post will help you to get all the information about the Bhupen Hazarika Setu, which you need to know about.
In the post, we will cover all matters of Bhupen Hazarika Setu or Dhola Sadiya bridge: –
- Connection with Bhupen Hazarika etc.
Sounds good? Now let’s dive right in………….
1. What is Bhupen Hazarika Setu or Dhola Sadiya Bridge?
It has another name by Dhola Sadiya Bridge, which consists about two places of two different states, one is Dhola and another is Sadiya.
[You should know – Sadiya falls in Tinsukia district, its a village of Assam state]
Related Articles: –
- SATTRIYA DANCE OF ASSAM [THE RELIGIOUS FORM]
- PICNIC PLACES IN ASSAM [6 BEAUTIFUL]
- PROBLEMS OF ASSAM AGRICULTURE
- कामाख्या मंदिर का रहस्य [STEP-BY -STEP]
2. Why it is named by Bhupen Hazarika Setu?
Answer: – Who was Bhupen Hazarika?
Do you know about him…………?
Bhupen Hazarika was a great Assamese artist (Including singer, he was a poet, writer, lyricist, and a politician). Due to multi-organ failure, he died on 5th November 2011.
His popularity was very high among the people of Assam and still remains unchanged. By seeing his popularity and respect among the people of Assam, the Indian government decided to give the bridge his name (when it was in construction) by Bhupen Hazarika Setu.
If you look at the other side, most of the songs sung and composed by Bhupen Hazarika were completely river centric, Such as ‘Luitor Bolia Baan’, ‘Ganga Tu Behti Kyo’, ‘Moha Bahu Brahmaputra’ etc.
3. What is Dhola Sadiya Bridge History?
Answer: – All the things existing in the world has their own history.
Bhupen Hazarika Setu has its own historical importance too; however, it is not so complicated.
This Bridge construction started in the month of November 2011 and till its inauguration, it took 6 long years to become completed.
Construction ended on 10th March in 2017 and then inaugurated on 26 May in 2017, by Indian Prime Minister Mr.Narendra Modi and transport Minister Mr. Nitin Gadkari.
4. What is the importance of this longest bridge?
Answer: – This Bridge constructed due to some very important causes.
These causes are especially related to three major factors. One is Social another is economic and the last one is Political factor.
Here political factor is considering as the most significant by Indian security and Defence point of view.
According to a lot of security specialist, the main objective of building this bridge is completely China-centric. Combating against China in military directions is the basic purpose of this creation.
5. Some Other Information about Dhola Sadiya Bridge.
- In which state Bhupen Hazarika is located in- Assam and Arunachal Pradesh.
- Total Length- 9.15 Km
- On which river Dhola Sadiya Bridge located in- Located on Luit river (Luit is a Sub-river of Brahmaputra)
- Weight handle capacity – 60 Tone or 130,000 pounds.