Assamese food Items
Do you want to know about traditional Assamese food items? If you do then it’s great!, because exactly the same thing here I am going to share with you today.
So, let’s do this…………..
Food is a lovable thing to everyone and the livability goes to the next level when the concept of tasty food comes in front of us. There are different varieties of tasty foods eaten all over the world. Here some are veg and some are non-veg. But above all one main thing comes, which is ‘Culture’.
By the way, let’s go for our today’s topic. Today our main topic is about 6 most tasty food Items of traditional Assamese society. In the following, I will explain to you about these items, which are very tasty and also popular among the people of the state.
6 Most Tasty Assamese food Items
1. Bamboo Shoot with Duck meat: – It is quite strange but Bamboo Shoot with Duck meat is a very popular dish in Assam. Even there is a poem on this ‘Haahe-Bahe’ word. Each year Assamese people eat this food at least for once (minimum).
Maybe it does not suit everyone because the taste is quite different. But I recommend you to try this variety for once in your life. (Another Name Haahe-Bahe)
2. Pork meat and Brown Rice: – This is also a meaty food. For those people who loved to eat pork meat, the combination with brown rice becomes very delightful to them. Especially in this dish, the pork meat cooked with ‘Khorisa Tenga’ and potato (Slightly gravy type). And the Brown rice cooked very beautifully (Non-sticky method).
After the cooking completed the dish presented with some ‘Apong’ or ‘Haz’ (Rice beer). So, the combination of Pork meat and Brown rice also could be counted as one of the best traditional food of Assam. (Another Name Ukhuaa Chawal aru Gahori manxho)
3. Khorisa Tenga with Pura mass: – Khorisa is a very ancient food, which is considered as a part of the Mongolian culture. Most Assamese people do not know whether this food is good for the body or not. But above all, we must assume that these people love the type of food very much and eat it with a great will.
In this dish, first the fish burnt into the burning fire, and after that, the fish is mixed with Khorisa Tenga, salt, pepper, Coriander, and little bit mustard oil. After these all done it is generally eaten with ‘Poita Bhaat’ (Drowning rice) with a very traditional passion. (Another Name Burned fish with Khorisa Tenga)
4. Pitha (Rice made snack variety): – The food, because of which Assamese culture is famous all over India is Pitha. It is a traditional rice snack. Usually eaten with tea and coffee. Nobody really knows when and how this dish was first started to cook.
But some people claim that this food is in contact with West Bengal’s traditional snacks. Pitha has several varieties; they are like cooked and non-cooked, fried and boiled etc. Same popular Pitha’s varieties:- Til Pitha, Tel Pitha, Hutuli Pitha, and Pat Pitha etc.
5. Silkworm (Muga Leta): – Silkworm or Muga Leta is a greedy and tasty dish in Assamese society. Especially this tasty Nutritive belongs to Mongolian culture. In Assam, tribal community people eat this food in very high quantity.
Believe me, I am not joking, this is one of the best tastier traditional foods of Assamese culture. Generally cooked through frying in deep oil, this is crunchy on the outside and very softy in inside. I can make sure you; if you try it once then in future you will not be able to forget it forever.
6. Buffalo Yogurt and Soft Rice: – Have you ever taste Buffalo Yogurt? Oh, it tastes amazing. And have ever eaten the combination of Yogurt and Soft Rice. I can’t explain to you and you even can’t imagine how tastier it is.
Buffalo Yogurt and Soft Rice is also a popular dish of Assam eaten at different times as a dish of enjoyment. Especially during Magh Bihu and Bohag Bihu season, it comes in a trend in Assamese society. There is a belief among Assamese people if they don’t eat this food at the time of Bihu, then there is no real enjoyment of Bihu actually comes into their homes. (Mohor Doi aur Kumol Chawal)
So, these all are the main traditional foods of Assamese culture, I hope you enjoyed it. If you have any suggestion or query related to the article then please comment me in the comment section below.
Read Our Another Awesome Post: – ASSAM TOURISM POTENTIALITIES